And Origami Heart
- Hold a 6x6 paper, coloured side down like a kite and fold it in half from both sides. You should have 2 creases (a horizontal and a vertical) running across the centre of the paper if you open it.
- Still holding like a kite, fold the top point of the paper to meet the crease in the centre and fold the bottom point to meet the top.
- Fold the right and left sides to meet the crease in the centre. By now you should see the basic shape of a heart.
- Flip over the paper and fold the small corners on the sides and the top and your origami heart is ready.
A Pixelated Pop-up Card
- Draw a template similar to the one shown above (left) on to a sheet of paper (pink or red, take your pick) and trim along the outlines.
- Use the blunt edge of your craft knife to fold along the uncut lines to creating the pop-up look.
- Fold the top of the card inwards and the bottom half of the heart should begin to push out.
- Fold card completely in half and smooth down
- For a clean finish, make a separate outer card glue the popup insert inside.
Paper Quilling Wall Art
- Buy yourself some ready-made coloured paper strips from the stationery store.
- Prepare a heart shaped template on a blank canvas.
- Quill the strips in different forms and sizes until you fill the heart shape.
- Use a variety of shades in red to give it a gradient effect.