Building a proper skincare routine may seem like a task at first, but once you figure out the needs of your skin, it gets easier. While choosing the right products and building a skincare routine is essential, your skin also requires regular facial massages to tone those muscles and increase blood circulation. Enter: beauty tools — these tools do more than just massage your face. When used right, they help your skincare products penetrate better into your skin and up your beauty game like no other.
But with the plethora of skincare tools available in the market, it can get a bit confusing as to which one to pick. So, to make the job easier for you, we’ve listed down three beauty tools that target different skin concerns and the right way to use them.
1. Ice roller
Infused with water and aloe vera gel, the ice roller remains cold for a good 10-15 minutes while you massage your face with it — unlike ice cubes that start to melt in a few seconds. If you have large pores, using an ice roller can help shrink your pores and give you more even-looking skin. But that’s not all. Ice rolling also helps with lymphatic drainage, reduces redness and inflammation and can serve as an essential tool in your anti-aging routine.
How to use:
- Roll the ice roller in zig-zag motions all over your face before applying your skincare products.
- Apply gentle pressure on areas you wish to tone and lift.
- It can be used 2-3 times a day for about 10 minutes.
2. Gua Sha stone
Another popular skincare tool that you may have come across is a flat stone made of rose quartz or jade called Gua Sha stone. It helps scrape the top layer of dead skin while improving blood circulation. It aids in lymphatic drainage to reduce facial bloating, relieves muscle tension and relaxes your face. Regular use of a Gua Sha stone can help tone the skin and boost skin elasticity to give you younger-looking skin.
How to use:
- While most Gua Sha stones have a similar shape, some can be different too — try different sides and angles to find out what works best for you.
- Start from the centre of the face and glide outwards to get rid of toxins.
- Use it after applying your serum or facial oil as it helps the stone glide better.
- For best results, use it twice a week for a duration of 5 minutes.
3. Collagen roller
We all know the importance of collagen for our skin — as we age the body produces fewer amounts of collagen that makes the skin lose its firmness. A collagen roller, as the name suggests, helps in activating the skin cells and allows the skin to absorb skincare products well. It also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How to use:
- Use it after applying your serum or moisturiser.
- Start with the forehead and move across the cheeks. Then, move it over the under-eye area and finally around the mouth. Also, use it on the jawline and neck.
- Anyone over the age of 25 years can use it morning and night.