If you’re a beauty buff, there’s no way you haven’t heard about face rollers. They’re made of precious gemstones such as jade, rose quartz, amethyst, obsidian, etc. And features a larger stone for cheeks, jaw and forehead and a smaller stone for under the eyes and around the mouth.
Face rollers are all the rage among skincare enthusiasts thanks to the umpteen skincare benefits they provide. But if you’re still on the fence about getting yourself one, allow us to help. Scroll down as we tell you everything you need to know about these magical tools that will give you your best skin yet.
- 1. How do face rollers work?
- 2. So, are jade rollers really effective?
- 3. How to use a face roller for maximum benefits?
1. How do face rollers work?
Face rollers are made with precious stones that are cool to touch. Gently massaging the roller on the face helps stimulate the lymphatic system throughout the face. This helps get rid of puffiness and swelling. Using a jade roller can also help your skincare products penetrate deeper into the skin and show better results.
2. So, are jade rollers really effective?
There is a lot of divided opinion about this. Some experts claim that there is no scientific evidence to back the fact that face rollers have any real benefits. However, the calming and cooling sensation of the roller can soothe the skin and calm swelling and redness. But research claims that merely using a face roller in your skincare routine has really short-term benefits, and it doesn’t cure any skin problems at all.
However, using a roller with a serum or moisturiser can help in better absorption of the products, thereby ensuring they do a better job.
3. How to use a face roller for maximum benefits?
- After you’ve cleansed your face, slather on some facial oil or serum. Avoid using the face roller just by itself as that could tug at your skin, causing wrinkles.
- Apply gentle pressure and roll it from the centre of your face in outwards and upward direction.Ensure that you roll upwards ONLY and not in a back and forth motion.
- Repeat this process all over your face. Remember to use the smaller end of the roller when working with hard to reach areas such under your eyes, sides of your nose, etc.
- Wash your roller after every use to prevent accumulation and transfer of bacteria.