There are a lot of beauty buzzwords that you must have heard and a lot of product recommendations you must be using, but there is no shame in admitting that you do not always know what is best for your skin or hair type.
Everyone's hair texture is different and hence what works for others might not necessarily suit you. But there are a few hair tips which are universal and work for all hair types, hair textures, and hair colours.
Here is a list of best hair tips of all time...
- If you are facing hair whitening at a very early age, maybe in your teens or early twenties, then do not dye your hair. Dyeing your hair causes more hair to turn white and colouring your hair becomes a monthly routine. Instead, highlight your white hair strands to make it look more natural or use henna.
- If your hair is thinning or lacks volume, adding highlights can add an appearance of voluminous hair. Always place the brightest and fattest highlights around the frame of the face. The highlights should ideally be darker near the roots and fainter near the ends to fake voluminous hair.
- While blow-drying or heat styling your hair, let your hair cool before taking it off the brush. If you speed it along then the hair styling will not last for too long. In worse cases, you might also have to face hair loss.
- For voluminous hair, blow-dry the hair roots first and lift them with your fingers. Starting with the hair lengths you tend to pull down on wet roots, flattening them out.
- For a sleek pony, tilt your head backwards and gather your hair with a mixed-bristle brush. Bristles help to remove hair knots and separate each hair strand making your hair smoother and manageable.
- To get the best out of your hair wash start at the crown and divide your hair into four sections. Then work the shampoo from the back of your head to the front towards the roots. This will make your hair cleaner and shiner.
- Comb your hair in the shower with a wide tooth comb before rinsing out conditioner. It prevents frizzy hair and hair loss.
- Comb your hair first thing in the morning. This will help you look sleek all day. Comb your hair daily before going to bed. This will prevent stubborn hair knots and also reduce hair fall.
- Oiling is essential for your hair and scalp nourishment. Oil your hair at least twice every week to keep your scalp hydrated and keep dandruff at bay.
- Clean your combs. The dirt from your hair gets trapped in the fine bristles of your comb. If not cleaned regularly it moves back and forth from your hair to your comb. It might also fall on your face causing acne and breakouts.