Whether you use a lot of hair care products or not, using even the most basic cleansing and condition products too can cause product build-up over time. When your scalp is covered with excess product build-up it gets itchy and flaky. This hampers the natural growth of your hair making it look dull and lifeless. Cleansing with your regular shampoo won’t help either.
Just like your skin, your scalp too needs to be exfoliated to get rid of all the excess oil and flakes sitting on it. A deeply cleansing and detoxifying hair mask can help you get rid of it and improve the health of your hair and scalp.
We will show you how to make your own DIY hair detox mask.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoon baking soda (acts as an exfoliator and helps balance the pH level).
- 4 tablespoon olive oil (reduces dryness in hair).
- 6 to 8 drops of coconut oil (penetrates deep into hair follicles and promotes hair growth).
- Half teaspoon cinnamon powder (stimulates blood circulation in the scalp).
- Few drops of essential oil of your choice
Step 01: In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
Step 02: Transfer to an airtight container and use as required.
Step 03: Take a generous amount in your palms and massage thoroughly all over scalp and hair using your fingers.
Step 04: Allow it to stay for 10-15 minutes before washing off with shampoo and conditioner.
If you do not have time to prepare this detox hair mask, simply introduce a detox shampoo in your hair care routine it will care of all the product build up. The Tresemme Botanique Detox & Restore Shampoo purifies scalp and can also be used for colour treated hair.