These are all the weddings we saw this year. Bollywood weddings, Bollywood weds Hollywood, British royal weddings and India’s top business family weddings. And what did they all have in common? Flawlessly turned out brides with carefully put together makeup and hair.
There were two hairstyles that made an appearance over and over again at multiple weddings. The messy bun and the sleek bun. We bring you easy step-by-step guides to how to get these utterly gorgeous hairdos.
The messy bun with face-framing strands is a very soft, feminine hairstyle and is perfect for ornaments like tiaras and veils. Here is how to get the look…
- Section a small portion in the front of your hair and centre-part it and leave it loose on either side of your face
- Tie the rest of your hair in a loose ponytail at the base of your neck
- Twist the ponytail and wrap it around the base of your ponytail
- When you reach the end of your ponytail, secure it with bobby pins
The sleek bun also made multiple appearances and that is because it is the perfect hairstyle to show off bridal jewellery. Here is how to get the look…
- Part your hair in the centre
- Secure all your hair at the base of your neck and tie it in a ponytail
- Twist the ponytail around the base and secure the ends with bobby pins
- Use hairspray to tame any flyaways and make the hairstyle look sleek
- Embellish with a maang tikka or a matha patti for maximum effect
Image courtesy: Instagram and Pinterest