We all know about the many benefits of a scalp massage. It not only provides a relaxing experience but also improves blood circulation in the scalp and promotes hair growth. But did you know, for this humble method to actually show visible results, it is important that you follow a certain process and massage your scalp in a particular way? Yes, it’s true.
But fret not, ladies! We’re going to show you the right way to massage your scalp to reap maximum benefits…
Step 01: Start with dividing your hair into different sections. This will ensure that you are easily able to cover your entire scalp.
Step 02: Then, using the just the fingertips, start from the outer part of your head and keep moving inwards. Do this in a circular motion.
Step 03: Alternate this by gently pressing the palms of your hands against the scalp. This will help calm and de-stress you.
Things to keep in mind:
- You can massage your scalp in the shower. Simply lather on some shampoo and use your fingertips to gently yet thoroughly massage your entire scalp for about a minute
- You can also massage your scalp every night, right after you’re with your skincare routine. Doing so will improve blood circulation in the scalp to give you healthier tresses.
- If you want to use oils for your message, remember that just a couple of drops of your favourite oil is enough for your entire scalp. Coating your hair in too much oil could end up clogging your hair follicles, leading to breakage and scalp acne (yes, it’s a thing).
- If you end up tangling your hair in the process, do not drag your hair fingers through your hair as this could lead to serious breakage; simply lift your fingers and remember to be gentle while detangling your hair.
- Do not rub your scalp too hard as this could put a lot of pressure on the hair follicles, leading to inflammation and even dandruff.