Facial hair can often make you conscious about your appearance and in a way that tends to hinder your confidence. Even though facial hair is natural and pretty common among the entire feminine population, not having any has conventionally been considered to be a mark of beauty. Here are a few ways you can effectively deal with facial hair.
- Threading is perhaps the cheapest and the most convenient way of getting rid of facial hair, even though it causes some temporary redness and pain to last for about 2 to 3 hours after the treatment. Apply talcum powder to the targeted area for relatively quick and easy removal of hair. While it also depends on the growth of your hair, the effects of threading usually last for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Do not opt for threading during the time of your periods since it can cause more irritation than usual on account of the high influx of hormones in your body.
- Hold your skin taut while threading as it helps provide definition and a perfect finish.
- Trim your facial hair before going in for threading. Reducing the size of your hair as much as possible can help make the treatment much less painful.
- Start threading from the edges and move towards the centre of your lip. The centre part of your upper lip is relatively more sensitive and can easily get disturbed on account of sudden pressure. So it is recommended that you prep it for the pain by starting at the ends of your lips.
- Waxing is arguably the fastest and the least painful way of getting rid of the hair on your upper lips. It is pretty effective and lasts for a longer duration since the hair gets removed completely from the roots. However, figuring out the right consistency of the wax is probably the hardest part of this whole process. Make sure that the wax is not too hot or it could cause a slight burn. Pour a pea-sized amount of wax on your wrist first so as to ensure that the temperature of the wax is bearable.
- Do not drink coffee before waxing your upper lips.
- Use one wax strip only once. If all the hair does not come out in one go, do not reuse the same strip. Take a new one.
- You can certainly say goodbye to the beautician you go to for hair removal, if you now possess an epilator. They are super convenient and especially designed for self-care. You can epilate your lips any time of the day and as per your needs too.
- You can also use facial epilators to shape your eyebrows or to get rid of any other facial hair.
- As you’ll be doing it yourself, we recommend that you use a numbing cream or some ice in order to reduce any possible pain.
- Try wet epilation as it is less painful, especially since the warm bath water opens up your skin’s pores, making the process of hair removal much easier.
- Always hold your device at 90 degrees to the surface of your skin and keep the speed at low so as to get a better finish.
- Wash your skin with cold water after epilating in order to calm the skin tissues around the pores.
With any luck, your upper lip is now smoother than silk.