Cleansing is the first and most important step in any skin care routine. Getting rid of dirt, bacteria, sweat and oil is essential for healthy skin. This also allows your skin to absorb skincare products better. That is probably why beauty experts are emphasising on the importance of double cleansing. Also if you do not get rid of these impurities, they will lead to a lot of skin problems. Whether you use a dermatologist recommended or natural face wash, never forget to cleanse your face before hitting the sack. A little care will go a long way.
While it is completely alright to use store bought face washes as they are convenient to use, formulated for specific skin types and concerns. You can also try natural face wash once in a while to give your skin the mild and effective love of natural ingredients. There are also times when you run out of your regular face wash or cleansers, at such times you can use the following natural face wash recipes to get glowing and flawless skin.
We’ve specified natural face washes for particular skin types and concerns, so you know exactly what will suit your skin. Read on to find out…
Natural Face Wash for Oily and acne-prone skin
Oily skin produces excess oil and therefore attracts more dirt and bacteria. This leads to a lot of skin problems such as acne, blackheads and pimples. Using natural face wash ensures excess oil is removed and skin feels less greasy and clean.
- 1. Tea tree face wash
- 2. Clay and aspirin face wash
- 1. Yogurt and almond face wash
- 2. Gram flour and cream face wash
- 1. Coconut oil and honey face wash
- 2. Milk and honey cleanser
1. Tea tree face wash
- Take 15 drops of tea tree essential oil in a bowl and add ¼ cup of castor oil and half cup grapeseed oil
- Mix well and transfer to an air tight jar
- Take a few drops of this oil cleanser on your fingertips and gently massage into your skin for about a minute
- Dip a washcloth in hot water and place it on your face
- Once it cools down, remove the washcloth and wipe your face with a clean washcloth to get rid of the oil. Pat dry.
2. Clay and aspirin face wash
Clay is one of the best natural ingredients for oily and acne prone skin. It absorbs excess oil, deep set dirt and impurities from deep within the skin to give you soft and healthy skin. Aspirin has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that fight acne causing bacteria. Therefore the combination of clay and aspirin is an excellent natural face wash for oily and acne prone skin.
- Crush 2-3 aspirin tablets and add 2 teaspoons of clay to it
- Add water to form a smooth paste
- Allow it to work for 10 minutes or until it dries and then wash it off with cold water.
Natural Face Wash for Normal to dry skin
Using a natural face wash for normal to dry skin can be tricky as a lot of ingredients tend to remove oil from the skin. Therefore you have to be very careful while looking for a DIY face wash for normal to dry skin type.
1. Yogurt and almond face wash
Yogurt has natural, gentle exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and loosen up dirt and makeup residue sitting on the surface of your skin. Almond on the other hand has great moisturising properties that ensure your skin does not feel dry or stretchy.
- In a grinder add some almonds to get a fine powder
- Transfer to a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- Gently massage this paste into your skin in circular motions
- Wash off with lukewarm water
2. Gram flour and cream face wash
Gram flour is one of the most versatile and most trusted natural face wash ingredients. It has been used for decades by women of all skin types. Its gentle exfoliating properties give you smooth and soft skin instantly. Malai or cream, on the other hand, has moisturising properties that restore the skin’s pH balance.
- Mix 2 tablespoons gram flour with equal amount of raw milk or cream to form a smooth paste
- Apply all over face and massage in gentle upward circular motions
- Allow it to stay for 15 minutes or until it dries off
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Natural Face Wash for Sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is easily irritated by harsh chemicals, artificial fragrances and colours, so using a natural face wash will really help. Natural ingredients are gentle on skin and do not cause allergic reaction unless of course you use the wrong one. Below we have mentioned two face cleansers for sensitive skin that will do the trick.
1. Coconut oil and honey face wash
Coconut oil has healing, moisturising and skin calming properties which makes it an excellent ingredient for dry and sensitive skin type. Honey also moisturises skin and makes it soft and healthy.
- Mix together 4 tablespoon coconut oil, 2 teaspoon raw honey and 4 drops lavender oil in a bowl until well combined
- Transfer to an air tight jar for storage
- Take a dime size amount of the cleanser in your palms and massage into the facial skin
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
2. Milk and honey cleanser
Milk contains lactic acid which is an AHA that removes dead skin cells naturally. Honey on the other hand opens pores, extracts dirt and since it has antibacterial properties, it also fights bacteria and heals acne plus acne scars effectively. If you have any irritation or rashes on your skin, applying raw honey can do wonders for your sensitive skin type. This honey and milk natural face wash will make your skin glow and will control excessive oil.
- Take 2 teaspoons of raw milk and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Once you have a smooth lotion like texture apply it all over your face
- Massage it onto your skin using your fingertips for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water