An apple face mask
Mash half an apple without the core and apply it immediately all over the face. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash off with water. Use a moisturizer after this.
- Reduces blemishes and pimples
- Helps exfoliate skin by removing accumulated dead skin cells
- Maintains skin pH level
- Reduces the harmful effects that the sun has on your skin
- Works to reduce skin ageing due to the antioxidants present in it
- Hydrates the skin
- If you wake up with puffy eyes, just cut two thin slices of an apple and place them under your eyes. It helps reduce puffiness and even dark circles (but dark circles take time to go and you may need to address the actual problem causing the circles).
- For spot treatment of acne and pimples, apply a small amount of apple pulp to the affected area.
- If you suffer from dark spots, patches and blemishes, then mix a bit of apple pulp with a little milk or yogurt and apply to the affected area to reduce it.
The main thing to remember is that apples are fruits that oxidise easily (you see them turning brown once they are cut). So don’t store an apple once it’s cut. Each time you cut an apple to use a little bit of it (or half of it or more) as a mask or for cosmetic reasons, just eat the rest of it immediately.
Everyone has heard of the saying ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’. Eating apples helps keep your teeth healthy and works internally as an antiageing tool by reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps the skin maintain its pH level, oil secretion and flow of sebum, thus helping people with dry skin as well as oily skin prone to acne. And lastly, as with all natural, homemade remedies, remember that it takes time to see the effects. You need to be patient and persistent and also maintain healthy habits in general!
Stay pretty always!
little red tote
To read more, visit www.littleredtote.com