Do you get stressed when your favourite little black dress or jeans don’t fit? Do you get worried when you see those bulges when you’re getting ready? If yes, then it is high time you do something about it. Start working towards a healthier and fitter you.
Healthy eating is not the only thing that will help you lose belly fat—you need to work for it. Here are a few easy exercises that you can do in the comfort of your home to get a flat tummy!
Crunches burn the fat faster than any other exercise. It’s time for you to start performing this exercise. Here’s what you need to do:
- Lie down on your back, with your knees bent and feet on the ground.
- Lift your hands and place them under your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale, while you lift your upper torso and exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back on the floor and exhale.
- Do three sets of 10 repetitions each and increase the number gradually.
- Keep in mind that while performing crunches, you should raise your back a few inches from the ground. This will ensure that you don’t hurt your back. Also, don’t jerk your head forward while performing crunches. This will pressurise your neck and result in pain.
No, you don’t need a bicycle for this. You just need a yoga mat for this. Here’s how to do this:
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands on either sides or behind the head.
- Lift your legs off the ground and bend your knees.
- Move your legs as if you are peddling a bicycle.
- Do this at least 10 times in sets of 2 and then increase the number as you get used to it.
- Keep in mind that you don’t jerk your neck to avoid pain.
This workout will help you beginners lose the belly fat quickly. Here’s how you can get started.
- Stand with your legs hip width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you, align them with your shoulders and keep them parallel to the ground.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg and sit down as if on a chair so that your knees make a 90-degree angle with the floor. The left leg should be positioned backward to support by the toes.
- Twist your torso (just the torso and not the legs) to the right and then to the left.
- Repeat this 15 times.
- Keep in mind that your spine is kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward. This can cause an ache in the back and you can also lose your balance.
One of the best exercises that you can do for core strengthening is a plank. It helps to improve your posture by building isometric strength. Here’s what you need to do:
Go down on the floor in the push up position.
- Put your weight on the forearms while bending your elbows.
- Inhales, and try to form a straight line through your body from shoulders to ankle, staying parallel to the floor.
- Suck your belly button in and hold the plank for as long as possible.
- Repeat this 5 times.
- Take deep breaths while holding the plank position and gradually build up the time for which you can hold it.