TikTok’s vault of beauty-related hacks is ceaseless - from employing a rose-quartz roller to blend foundation to dotting the eyes in a certain way to look ‘dateable’, the platform is our go-to for easy-to-replicate hacks that work. Recently, another trend took the application by storm: the 90s low-slung bun that parts your hair in a zig-zag fashion. TikTok star Shania Christina posted a video of herself recreating the ultra-pretty look - and it garnered over half a million views on the app. And rightfully so - it’s gorgeous. There are countless spin-offs of the style on Instagram, and we’re loving each of them. Here’s how you pull it off yourself.
Image Courtesy: @mandymooremm
- Start off by washing your hair with the TRESemme Keratin Smooth with Argan Oil Shampoo and TRESemme Keratin Smooth with Argan Oil Conditioner to settle your frizz. It’s always best to work on damp hair.
- To create the zig-zag parting, comb your hair back with a rattail comb, and part your hair in the middle. With the longer end of the comb, work your way through to the back of your scalp in zag-zag motions.
- Twist your hair back into a loose bun, and secure it with a claw clip - or any clip that holds your hair.
- Curl the ends with a narrow-barrelled hair tong as used by Shania in her video.
- Use an edge brush to comb your stray hairs or flyaways into submission - and you’re done!
- Lastly, set your hair with the Tresemme Compressed Micro Mist Invisible Hold Natural Finish Texture Hold Spray.