Who doesn’t love a nice, relaxing head massage? We know, we do! Hair spas are therapy for hair, that lets you enjoy the calming massage while also nourishing your hair and making it strong and healthy. It instantly turns your dull and damaged hair into the glossy manageable mane. Sounds hassle free and exciting?
Here is everything you need to know about hair spas and why you should get one RN...
Hair Spa, step by step
Step 1: Massage
The first step is applying spa cream and massaging hair gently for at least 15 minutes. We’re in paradise just thinking about it. This increases blood circulation and provides deep conditioning.
Step 2: Steam Treatment
Hair is then treated with mild steam for another 20-25 minutes to help the nutrients in the product lock in and even out in scalp.
Step 3: Wash
Hair is washed and serum is applied if required.
Hair spa at home involves massaging the hair with warm oil, steam treatment, applying a hair mask and washing with a mild shampoo.
Benefits of a hair spa
The benefits of a hair spa are endless. Talking about the disadvantages, if you have colour treated hair, it may fade away the colour, otherwise none.
- It provides deep conditioning and nourishment to roots and strengthens hair follicles
- It removes impurities inside pores and deep rooted dirt and also normalises oil secretion.
- Ensures dandruff free, lustrous locks.
- Tames frizz giving hair a smooth texture from root to tip and repairs damaged hair.
- It is a rehydrating therapy that not only restores natural oils and moisturises but also revitalizes the scalp that results in natural hair rebirth.
How long it lasts
It usually lasts 15-30 days depending on the hair quality and products used. Also, the treatment and the products used in the therapy vary for every hair type and need.
How to get a hair spa
You can head to the nearest Lakmé salon for hair therapy. It usually takes one to two hours. A concern specific hair spa is a hair treatment, custom designed for your hair concerns; that involves product application, intense massage, steam and moisturising. So all you need is to find a salon and invest two hours of your time.