Festivities are on in full swing and who has the time to create elaborate hairstyles, right? Thankfully, our hair ninja Shalini Samuel has got your 3 easy but totally chic hairstyles that will work for long, medium and short hair for any traditional function. Try them out to take your hair game up a notch.
1. Twisted Waterfall Hairstyle
- Start by taking a middle parting.
- Then take a two-inch section on the side.
- Divide that in the centre.
- Now take the lower section over the upper section. And repeat this twice.
- Drop the lower section and take a little bit of the hair right next to it. Take it over the top section.
- Repeat the drop, pick and twist method all the way to the back and secure it with bobby pins.
- Do the same on the other side.
- Once you're done, set it with a hairspray to secure it in place.
- Finish off with hair accessories to glam up the look.
2. One-sided French braid
- Start by taking an off-centre parting on one side.
- Take a 2-inch section and split that into three halves.
- Do a three-strand braid, where the right goes over the middle and then the left goes over the middle.
- Now take the section from the top and add it in the middle section and braid normally.
- Repeat the same process till the back and secure it with bobby pins.
- Backcomb the front section of the hair to add some volume.
- Use some hairspray to keep your hair in place.
- Add some hair accessories to give it a traditional touch.
3. Messy wrapped bun
- Begin by taking a middle parting.
- Take a 2-inch section on both sides.
- Now take the rest into a lower ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail and wrap that into a bun.
- Take some U-pins and secure it from all sides.
- It’s absolutely okay if it's left a little messy.
- Now take the front section, twist it and secure it right at the back.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- Finish this look by adding some hair accessories right above the bun.