We have all been guilty of putting off washing and cleaning our makeup tools, especially beauty blenders and sponges. Did you know your skins health depends on how cleanly you maintain your makeup tools? We know washing your beauty blenders seems like a chore, but you don’t need much to clean them. Using household ingredients, you can make you blender look all new! Read on to know more!
Here are some every day products that will help you clean your beauty blenders.
Yes! You read it right; baby shampoo can help you clean the beauty blenders. All you need to do is:
- Soak it the blender sponge in water
- Add some baby shampoo to it
- Let it soak for a few minutes
- Once you have done this, create more lather with both your hands. Then wash it under running water until the water runs clear
Dish soap with microwave
A little dish soap and microwave will help you clean your makeup sponge. Make sure you do not heat it for too long and use it on a very low heat setting.
- Wash the sponge with water and remove the extra makeup
- Take some water in a bowl and add some dish soap
- Put the sponge in the bowl with the dish wash solution
- Microwave it for 1-2 minutes and then wash it again under clean water
- Let the sponge dry
Did you know that good old olive oil will help you clean your makeup sponges? Here is how you can use olive oil to clean your makeup sponges.
- Mix olive oil and some soap and apply this on your sponge
- Make sure you soak the sponge thoroughly and squeeze out the residual makeup
- Clean it under water properly until the water runs clear