Taking your makeup off before hitting the sheets is really important in order to keep your skin healthy and glowing. The wide range of products specially designed to free your skin from makeup is proof. However, some makeup formulas are more stubborn than others, take waterproof formulas for example. So, how does one ensure a squeaky clean and makeup-free face, you ask? By using a cleansing balm, that’s how.
A cleansing balm easily melts away every trace of makeup without leaving your skin dry. Can’t wait to try out this miracle product? Here’s an easy-peasy DIY recipe to help you make your own cleansing balm at home. Let’s begin…
How to make DIY cleansing balm:
- Shea butter (half cup)
- Virgin coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Optional: Vanilla, lavender or tea tree essential oil (5 drops)
Step 01: Add Shea butter and coconut oil to a glass bowl and melt the ingredients in the microwave for a few seconds
Step 02: Once melted, add the preferred essential oil and mix gently to combine all the ingredients
Step 03: Transfer the mixture to a glass jar or small tin and store in the fridge until it solidifies.
How to use:
- Scoop a small amount of the balm and warm it between your fingers.
- Apply it to your face and massage in circular motions. You will notice your makeup melting.
- Take a damp washcloth and gently wipe your face with it. Follow up with a mild cleanser.
There you have it, an easy peasy DIY cleansing balm recipe. However, if making your own cleansing balm seems like a tedious process or you simply don’t have the time, invest in the Pond’s Vitamin Micellar Water. It helps remove makeup in a tick without drying out your skin. Plus, it’s alcohol-free and infused with skin-friendly vitamins!