Micellar water has been garnering attention from all over the world. And why wouldn't it? It’s amazing when it comes to makeup removal as well as cleansing, and has a ton of skin benefits packed in as well. But that’s not all. Micellar water can be used for so much more.
From stain removal to cleaning makeup brushes, here are 5 micellar hacks every girl should know.
1. Clean makeup brushes
Be honest. When was the last time you cleaned your makeup brushes? Feeling guilty? Makeup brushes should be cleaned often as they harbour tons of bacteria and dirt. As they come into frequent contact with your skin, it’s important to give them a thorough cleanse to avoid any breakouts or skin irritation.
- Take some micellar water on a cotton pad. Gently press the bristles of the brushes against it. Swirl the brush around to get rid of all the accumulated gunk.
- Once done, leave them to dry on a towel and they’re done!
2. Correct makeup mistakes
I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me when I say that it’s hard to perfect the winged liner on the first try. I used to clean up the mistake by using concealer, but that just means piling on more product on my face. But recently I discovered that micellar water is the best bet to correct any makeup blunder.
- Just dip an angular brush into micellar water and use it to clean up the excess liner and perfect the wing.
- This method can be used to clean up eyeshadow fallout, define your brows or lip line without leaving behind any greasy residue.
3. Subdue perfume
Sprayed more perfume than you intended to? While everyone likes to smell good, too much of it can make you feel nauseous. Guess what, a cotton pad soaked in micellar water can lift that extra spritz and subdue the scent.
4. Remove makeup stains
It’s not uncommon for makeup to get on clothes, especially when you remove your garment while you still have makeup on. Whether it’s a foundation stain or a lipstick stain, we’ve got you the perfect solution to get rid of the mark like nothing ever happened.
- Just take a few drops of micellar water on a cotton pad and dab the stain until it disappears.
- Micellar water is a great stain remover because it’s gentle on your skin but tough on the stains.
5. Remove false lashes
If you are someone who struggles to remove your falsies fearing that you might just rip off your natural lashes, then micellar water will come to your rescue.
- All you need to do is soak a cotton pad in micellar water and place it over your falsies for a few seconds.
- The micellar water will dissolve the glue and the lashes will easily come off!
- Do try out these hacks and let me know how they worked for you in the comments section below.