Semi-permanent makeup procedures like microblading, eyeshadow extension, fillers, eyeliner tattoos are growing in popularity by the day. Most of them are affordable, time-saving and practically painless. These procedures are also getting very accessible as most dermatologists and aestheticians have started including them in their list of services. This definitely proves one thing — The demand for permanent makeup is on the rise.
While some get these pigmented tattoos to enhance their features, others want to totally transform them. Take lip blushing for instance — it is a procedure that has been adopted by women who want to enhance their natural lip colour.
Here are a few key things you should know about lip blushing before making an appointment.
- What is lip blushing?
- How is lip blushing different from lip tattooing?
- Essential details to consider before opting for lip blushing
What is lip blushing?
Image courtesy: @browslaves
First things, first - lip blushing is a semi-permanent makeup procedure that enhances the appearance of your lips by depositing pigmented ink with a mechanical needle. It is done to give your lips a fuller appearance and an attractive tint, while still keeping it looking natural. The procedure can also be used to achieve a defined lip line, without making it look too intense or fake. It is less invasive than lip tattoos, making it more popular with younger women who do not want to damage or scar their lips with a tattoo gun.
How is lip blushing different from lip tattooing?
Image courtesy: @cdbeautynyc
Lip blushing can be often confused with lip tattooing. Unlike lip tattoos, lip blushing involves pigmenting your lips with shading or pixelating techniques. They can be customized to match your skin tone, heal faster (5-10 days) and last up to two years without having to retouch with another session.
Essential details to consider before opting for lip blushing
Image courtesy: @caras_studio
Now that you know what lip blushing is, here are some key things to consider before opting for the procedure:
- As mentioned before, lip blushing can be customised to get any tint you want. So make sure you have a proper consultation with your aesthetician as to which shade will best match your needs. Most women opt for a lighter shade than their natural tone to make their dark lipsticks and lip liners look more prominent.
- Much like any other in-office tinting procedure, lip blushing is done by first applying a topical numbing cream on the skin’s surface. You might only feel a slight tingling sensation and when done by an experienced professional, it comes out without any side effects. Make sure you are following post-treatment care instructions and not picking at it.
- Lip blushing is a fairly quick procedure, with professionals completing appointments between 30-minutes to one hour. This is exclusive of the consultation and the time required for numbing creams to work (it can differ from person to person).
Main image courtesy: @emrata