If there is a debate greater than Marvel vs DC,(Marvel is way better, no questions asked) it has to be Valentines Day! I feel like the world gets divided into two halves, one side is the “Valentine’s day is overrated! I’m just going to stay home and watch Netflix” while the other is, “OMG! Still need to buy a dress, book a table, get a blow-dry, spend 2 hours on makeup and buy my better half a gift.’’
Now, I’m not judging, but I have always been the former. I just don’t get the idea of celebrating love on one day when you can make every day special!
I have had my share of Valentine’s day celebrations too, but I don’t really put in as much effort to dress to the T because I know I’m going to end up in my pj’s watching cult favourite shows like Friends or Gossip Girl!
This year, however, things are a little different. I might just have a date for V-Day and honestly, the one thing that I’m most excited about is doing my makeup (I mean the boy too, but makeup first).
I spent an easy 2 weeks trying to find ‘the look’ and I eventually found this stunning pink monochrome look that I thin is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
It’s simple and looks very natural, but still gives a dewy, glam goddess vibe! I decided to give it a shot and try it for you guys, so make sure to watch the video and follow through…
The video is detailed with every step mentioned, but here are a few quick tips you can keep in mind for this look:
- A pink monochrome makeup look pairs well with most colours. However, I suggest you pick a white or beige outfit to make the look stand out.
- Use a long-lasting matte lipstick to avoid frequent touch-ups.
- I suggest you use a nude pink lipstick so that it doesn’t look obvious when it begins to fade while you’re eating or doing other things *wink*.
- If you’re not used to wearing false lashes, don’t force yourself to wear them! It’s super important for you to be extremely comfortable so that you can enjoy the night.
- Carry blotting sheets to get rid of any oiliness on the face.
- Don’t forget to carry a small bag that can keep your essentials – a compact, lipstick, perfume, mascara and mint!