Originating at the time of the European and American summer, this eye makeup trend came about as a tribute to the evening sky, which explains why it has such a vivid colour palette that ranges from fierce reds, spicy oranges and deep coppers, moving all the way till dark pinks and violets too!
If you’ve played it safe opting by opting for smokey eyes for far too long, it’s time to take a leap of colour and try your hand at sunset eye makeup. Choose bold tones for the day, and for the night, add a hint of glitter.
How to get the sunset eye makeup look:
- Step 1 – Prime your eye lid and under eye area with the Lakmé Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer to make sure your eye makeup stays crease-free all day long.
- Step 2 – From the Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette in French Rose, apply the orange shade all over your lid.
- Step 3 – On the outer half of your lid, apply the pink shade from the same palette. Then use a narrow brush to blend both these shades together.
- Step 4 – From the Lakmé 9 to 5 Eye Color Quarter in Desert Rose, dab the light brown shade in the outermost area of the lid and the crease. Then blend it thoroughly into the rest of the colours.
- Step 5 – For a shimmery finish, choose the gold shade from the same palette and dot it on the inner corner of the eye and under the brow bone.
- Step 6 – Apply a thin line of black eye liner and two coats of mascara to seal your look.
Image Credits: Pinterest