We’re sure your skincare routine isn’t limited to loading your skin with serums, moisturisers, and oils. Oh, there it is — that jade roller tucked away into the recesses of your cabinet. It’s surprising how a peculiar-looking handheld roller remedies most of our skin-related concerns. From diminishing the appearance of dark circles, redness, and blemishes, enabling our skin to absorb products effectively, enhancing circulation, and improving the elasticity of the skin to soothing inflammation, draining fluids from the face, tightening the skin, and repelling wrinkles — these gemstone rollers are our skincare sidekick. Apart from working their magic on our skin, these rollers are going viral on social media — and not for their skincare benefits. The jade roller foundation hack is taking the internet by storm. It’s basically blending foundation using a jade roller. Intrigued? Scroll down to know more about this revolutionary hack.
- What’s the viral jade roller foundation hack all about
- How to do the viral jade roller foundation hack
What’s the viral jade roller foundation hack all about
Makeup artist Avonna Sunshine kickstarted a new trend on social media by posting a snippet of herself blending her foundation with a jade roller. She claims that the technique evenly distributes your foundation, its cooling sensation on the skin can help shrink your pores, provides a very very smooth application, and you're gonna get fuller coverage too because the roller doesn't absorb any product. How cool is that? Plus, you will be saving a lot of product too. In the viral video, she’s seen moving the rose-quartz tool in a vertical up-and-down motion, and working her way around her face.
How to do the viral jade roller foundation hack
Here’s how to ace the hack…
1. Before you start fiddling with this roller, layer your skin with a few drops of your favourite serum or moisturiser.
2. Apply some foundation on your face, and start blending it into your skin with the roller. Make sure you’re following an up-and-down pattern only. Start on one side of the face, move over to your nose, and proceed to the other side.
3. Slide the roller along your jawline, and move up to your forehead, still working the product into your skin in vertical motions
4. Continue this process until the foundation has blended into your skin, and there are no streaky patches on your face.
If you like the concept, you can tweak the process just a little. Try blending your foundation with the roller, and go over the crevices of your face (eyes and nose) with a brush or blender for a smoother finish.