Let’s be honest, the smoky eye look isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon. The 90s grungy look still stays and slays. It has gotten an upgrade with metallics, pastels and bright colours (which we approve BTW). One such blissful modification is the glitter or shimmer smoky eye. Glitter is a huge trend in the beauty sphere right now and it has glammed up the intense smoky eye too. Here’s how you can pull off the perfect shimmery smoky look like a pro...
1.Moisturise your lids by applying a primer. A base of primer ensures long lasting makeup and avoids eyeshadow fallout
2.Apply a light base or foundation on the eye lid. It preps the lids for makeup and makes sure the makeup doesn’t crease
3. Take any colour from the Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette – Gold as your smoky eye base. The best thing is that shimmer works on any base colour from black to pink. Blend the colour on the upper lid until the crease and some under the lower lid for the perfect smoky look.
4. Pick a shimmery eyeshadow in gold or silver. Lakmé 9to5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow in Desert Rose and apply it onto the lid, starting from the middle. Dab and blend with the dark eyeshadow. Apply a little amount under the lower lash line
5. Use some highlighter or shimmery eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes
6. Line your eyes with a black kajal or liner and coat your lashes with mascara for defined eyes
7. Highlight your brow bone by applying nude eyeshadow or a highlighter to finish the look
Image courtesy: Pinterest