There is nothing more charming than having a natural glow, sans makeup. But….what if you have an option to add that ‘extra’ tinge to the apples of your cheeks, without using expensive beauty products? What if you could blush the ‘au natural’ way? Here’s the easiest (and may we say…. yummiest) way to stain your cheeks.
- Your favourite fruit/vegetable such as strawberries, raspberries or beetroots.
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Chopping Board and Knife
- Double Boiler
- Pure essential oils (optional)
- Little pot/vessel for storage
- We picked beetroots out of the three, since beetroots are naturally over-flowing with the pinkish-red tint. Chop the beetroots into small slices. You’d be able to notice how beautifully the beetroot stains your hands.
- Bring water to boil in a double boiler and add approximately four tablespoons of glycerin.
Alternatively, you can use olive oil, coconut oil or baby oil. We insist on glycerin, since it has tendencies to stick well plus the sugary sweet smell is amazing.
- Next, put the chopped beetroot slices in the glycerin. The colour-pigments will start blending in naturally and you’ll notice a pleasing pink formation.
- Turn the heat down and let the fruit and glycerin take time to sync along. It will take no more than 10 to 20 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Once the boiler cools down, gently strain the mixture into the storage pot.
Voilà! You’ve made your own cheek stain! A perfectly natural blush, using the most conventional stuff from your kitchen and one that is yet surprisingly feasible.
Get going. We can’t wait to see you blush…..
Little Red Tote
To read more, visit www.littleredtote.com
Want to ask Fleur and Nethra your questions on beauty, fashion, style and health? They’d like to hear from you, so send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org