Applying foundation is a precise science that not many girls have mastered. Whether you are a beauty rookie or a junkie, we are sure you have faced difficulty at some time or another with applying foundation with a brush. Covering dry patches, balancing oily skin and getting it into all the difficult to reach spots on the face may seem quite the task.
This is where a foundation brush is very useful. It helps give you a seamless finish and reaches into nooks and crannies that you cannot reach with your fingers or makeup sponge. Here is how you can use a foundation to perfectly apply foundation, every time!
When you use a flat foundation brush:
- Take a drop of foundation on the back of your hand.
- Dip the flat brush and pick the foundation on one side if you want sheer coverage, and pick it up on both sides if you want fuller coverage.
- Start applying it on the centre of the face and blend outwards, in downward strokes.
- Use the edge of the flat brush to cover hard to reach areas like the corners of the nose and around the eye.
When you use a round brush:
- Take a few drops of foundation on the back of your hand, dip and swirl your round brush in the foundation to pick the product on the brush.
- Starting at the centre, work the product into your skin in circular motions, working slowly towards your hair line.
- If you use a cream foundation, continue to dip the brush in the product and buffing it into the skin in circular motions, covering all the hard to reach spots.
- When you reach your hair line, there will be very little product left on your brush. Blend into the hair line and below the jaw line, to make it seamless and natural looking.